Monday 13 April 2009

Birthday Surprise!

No crafting last weekend as my wonderful husband got us a trip to Barcleona as my birthday treat - it's a city I've always wanted to visit so I thought I'd share a few photos.

We walked and bused it all over the city and got to see some great places - like La Pedrera (or Casa Mila as it used to be called) which is amazing. That's me and Paul sneaking in the corner! It was beautiful and sunny - a real change from the awful weather in England.















We had a Gaudi fest over the weekend and also visited the Sagrada Familia which is stunning both restored and unrestored.






































I think this was my favourite Gaudi building, Casa Batllo - sandwiched between two much more modern buildings, one covered in advertising netting for my beloved handbag company! Paul took a close up too which shows the fabulous balconies and mosaic facade.




















Lots of inspiration in all the colours don't you think? We're planning another long weekend as soon as we can - I vote for NYC but I have to bring Paul around - any tips? :)

No comments: