Sunday 8 November 2009

Holiday Button Bits

I made these two cards using the Holiday Button Bits stamps for two challenges this weekend, one from the lovely Lana who put a sketch up on our forum and one over at A Passion for Papertrey, both designed to kick start the holiday card making.

First off the sketch challenge, which to be honest I didn't follow well at all! The baubles are swinging at a very jaunty angle!




















I am in love with Scarlett Jewel - it's such a deep rich colour. Here I used Lables 1 nestability dies and stamped the leaves in Spring Moss. Next time I think I'll use ripe advocado as it's a better contrast to the red.





















I've also made a Santa version but the light was too poor to take a photo of it tonight!



On another note - is anyone else having a problem stamping the Holiday Button Bits with PTI ink? I just can't get the ink to "stick" and it looks awful. I've conditioned the stamps several items to no avail - any tips anyone?

3 comments:

Aimes said...

Stunning Christmas cards, Chris! I love your use of scarlet jewel - I should really tear the cellophane of my pack of it! LOL!
Love your nestie card base for your second card too. It looks fabulous!
Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! I've entered you twice on our blog post - double the chances of winning some PTI stash ;D
Sorry I don't have that stamp set to help you out really! Have you tried applying Versamark first and then PTI ink to get it to 'stick'?
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Daniela F. said...

Lovely cards, Chris!! I really love the second one with the Button Bits stamps :) I had some trouble with some of their inks, too, but than someone said that the "spoon trick" helps. So everytime I stamp an image, I test it on scratch paper first. If the ink doesn't stick well, I use a tea spoon and rub it over the entire ink pad and than ink up my stamp again. That works just fine for me. HTH!

Dana x

Olga said...

Both cards are very pretty but I especially like the holly one.