Wednesday 23 December 2009

Back with a Sketch Challenge

Not missing in action just sick with the flu and busy trying to get ready for Christmas! But work has finished for a couple of weeks (I love working in construction after all my retail Christmases!) and the Christmas cards are all made - now all I have to organise is lunch. I am going into a minor panic as I am cooking Christmas lunch for the family and I haven't done it since I was pregnant with my DD and she's 17 now!

It's good to put the Christmas stamps away and play a new (for me) challenge. Mercy has some great sketches here on her blog and I have been meaning to play along before and a spare afternoon this week gave me a chance.




















I'm not too sure where I thought I was going with this card - I wanted to try out these vinyl decals that I bought an age ago - they are like stickers but soft and flexible - but it looks a little stark to my eye.

The card and dp's are from Papertrey and one of my favourite colour combos! Berry sorbet and spring moss - they make me happy!





















Many thanks for stopping by this week. I hope you have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas and a very happy holiday time.

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

great choice of patterns, very pretty...Merry Christmas!

enjoy *~*

Pam Speidel said...

Such a beauty Chris! Love the colors and the way you did the sentiment. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Love the card--sorry you're not felling well. Feel better soon!

Maureen said...

love these colours, too, Chris...thanks for the kind comment today :) A very merry Christmas to you and yours as well :) Cute butterfly and love PTI dp...I'll be ready for Spring soon :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very pretty.