Saturday 23 July 2011

Stamps-a-faire Challenge #1

Today over at Papertrey Ink there is a Stamps-a-faire going on - it's times like this when I do wish money was no object and I was able to just hop on a plane and join in - but that's not possible right now (but it may not be a dream anymore - Fliss has just got her dream job with Virgin Atlanic and I plan on being front of the check-in queue when she qualifies for her free flights in 6 months time!!) so instead I thought it would be fun to join in the challenges today!

Enough rabbitting and onto the challenge -

"Create a project featuring patterned strips that are created with some of your favorite decorative elements"

I had this old Mojo Monday sketch printed out on my desk so went with that for my card - the carnation image is from Year of Flowers collection with Melon Berry ribbon and buttons - my favourite design elements!



I coloured the carnation in Melon Berry colours with Copics. The base card is white stampers select and the decorative strips of paper are from an old pack of SU papers that I discovered whilst having a sort out!

Thanks for stopping by - enjoy your weekend!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how the soft prints of your background paper make such a beautiful backdrop for your flower!!

Betty said...

beautiful card chris! great design and colors. wish i could join in the challenges today - will just have to look on from afar!

Unknown said...

I always loved this paper...your card is so beautifully done...great job! :)

Gabby said...

I love this sketch but never got around to making a card for it. Your card is exceptional! I so like the blend of the SU and PTI products. Your image and coloring are nice. All of the embellishments are great additions. Cheers to you! Gabby in the U.S. :)

ayn said...

this is so pretty that it was the first card the caught my eye! good job!!!

Penny said...

Love all the mix of papers, really pretty and effective.


Penny x

Sarah said...

Chris as always this card is beautiful! The papers all work so well together.