Saturday 23 July 2011

Stamps-a-faire Challenge #3, 4 and 6

For my last hurrah tonight I thought I would combine three challenges in one.  Challenge number 4 was to use " Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores & Enchanted Evening".  Now I have always thought blue and green should never be seen or I think that's how the saying goes, but if Lisa Johnson can have blue and turquoise flowers then I'm game!




For number 6 "Your challenge this afternoon is to use the little notch technique to hold twine or ribbon in place across the cover of your project. You can use a circle punch of any diameter to create a round notch or a square punch for a square notch".
Here I used a small circle punch to notch out the ends and wound around some twine and popped on a ripe advocado button.




And finally challenge 3 -  "Punch a window from you card cover and tie ribbon or twine from the window to the side of your card"
I used the die from Sending You and popped it all up on foam squares.  The stamp set is Botanical Silhouettes.




That's it from me tonight - have a lovely evening if you are still crafting away!

4 comments:

Betty said...

you were certainly a busy stamper today chris! love what you did for this card(very clever) and the blue and green are beautiful together.

Penny said...

How clever! The cut away panel with the flowers peeking through is fabulous!


Penny x

Sarah said...

Now that is an idea I might have to borrow! I love the design - this card is a real winner!

Huguenot Girl said...

Love everything about it! Like how you managed to pull 3 challenges into one card! Thanks for sharing! Nicole