Sunday 15 January 2012

A Year of Flowers - Gina K

Last week I saw on Melanie Muenchinger's blog that she had a new book published with her stamp set A Year of Flowers - you can download it at Annies Attic - and this set is one of my favourites.  I have set myself a target to try a version of each of the samples in the book and here are the first two.

It felt good to get my Copics out after far too long!






The blue best wishes card is stamped as a continuous trellis and then cut out  (not easy/very fiddly!) and popped up on foam dots.   The sentiment is from There She Goes.




I haven't put a sentiment on this lily and tulip card as yet - just waiting for the right occasion!  I think it may work as a sympathy card to have in reserve as I never feel like making one when I need one. Note to self to use a stamp positioner next time to get the stems in the right place!

Have a good week and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Both have such beautiful colouring Chris. What a lot of cutting out for the blue flowers, but VERY worthwhile!


Penny

Melanie said...

Terrific job Chris, thanks for supporting the book! Glad you "fiddled", hee hee! It looks great, though! (But don't you think it was easier than cutting out three individual flowers and 6 leaves??) :)